If you’re the owner of a small fleet of delivery or service vehicles, then you probably understand the importance of GPS fleet tracking for lowering overhead and maintaining overall efficiency. If you haven’t yet taken the leap into some kind of online vehicle tracking system, then you may want to consider these five important reasons why now is the time to invest in fleet tracking:
- Your vehicles are your Number One asset. Protecting them through proper maintenance and by ensuring appropriate usage is a top priority for the health of your business. Online vehicle tracking offers you an easy-to-use, comprehensive solution for managing a small fleet of vehicles.
- GPS fleet tracking is the best way to monitor driver behavior, in order to reduce maintenance costs and cut down on the risk of costly accidents. With a good vehicle tracking system, you’ll receive speed alerts, idling reports and notification of excessive braking. The ability to set up a geo-fence allows you to prevent divergence from stated routes. You’ll be able to reduce both fuel and maintenance costs as you improve driver behaviors.
- Vehicle tracking for delivery vehicles allows you to improve your overall productivity and efficiency by allowing you to track the best routes around traffic or other hazardous road conditions. This sort of route optimization also leads to increased productivity for drivers of service vehicles, allowing them to take additional service calls over the course of a day.
- Real-time vehicle tracking helps you with both payroll and billing by allowing you to more accurately calculate actual driving time. You’ll be able to bill more accurately for hours, cut down on overtime costs and reduce overall payroll expense.
- With all of the improvements in efficiency, you’ll see a direct benefit to the level of customer service you are capable of providing. With greater overall fleet efficiency and the ability to address delays and other problems in real time, you’ll be in a position to offer more personalized service and build strong, working relationships with all of your customers. And we all know that happy customers lead to more word-of-mouth referrals, the lifeblood of every successful business.