Younger driver tend to go to sleep at later hours, but with the school day starting early, daytime sleepiness can become a problem. Issues are similar for older drivers that go to sleep later and work early morning hours. Are you getting enough sleep before you get behind the wheel?
Here are a few tips to help avoid fatigue-related accidents:
- Get a good night’s sleep before traveling the roadways
- Do not drive at times when you would normally be asleep
- Pull over and stop if drowsiness or discomfort occurs
- Avoid medication that may contribute to drowsiness
- Make sure to maintain a healthy diet