Today marks the start of the Memorial Day weekend and you know what that means—food, fun and sun! But if your plans this holiday weekend include more than just a backyard barbecue then brace yourself for some traffic, and more importantly, make sure your vehicle is road trip ready.
Here are a few things you should check in your vehicle before you hit the road:
- Tire pressure: Low pressure can cause extra heat buildup which can cause blowouts. Make sure to also check the spare tire pressure. You don’t want to turn a bad time into a worse one.
- Oil level: Almost time to get the oil changed? Make sure you do it before you leave as a long trip can put added stress on the motor.
- Air filter: The greater supply of clean air to your engine, the better it performs—besides who wants to smell that dirty filter every time your crank the A/C?
- Wiper blades: No one likes driving through a pop-up thunderstorm with old and cracked wiper blades. After all, you do need to be able to see where you are going and what’s in front of you.
- Lights and signals: Make sure your headlights, turn signals and brake lights work. Getting pulled over for having non-working lights will surely put a damper on your vacation!
Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!